Five Guys was founded in 1986 by Janie and Jerry Murrell; Jerry and the couple’s sons, Jim, Matt, Chad, and Ben, were the original “Five Guys.” Now, 30 years after Five Guys first opened, there are almost 1,700 locations worldwide.
At Five Guys, the philosophy is simple: great burgers and fries, crafted in a clean restaurant run by friendly staff. The success of these company pillars depends on our crew members.
Five Guys prides itself on using only the freshest ingredients. We use fresh ground beef, never frozen and only peanut oil. There are no freezers in Five Guys locations, just coolers.
Five Guys Fun Facts
- Funding for the first Five Guys came from a college savings account.
- There are really six guys, not five.
- The “Five Guys” are the founders’ sons.
- Five Guys uses fresh ground beef with an 80/20 ratio.
- All patties are formed by hand every day.
- You’re not allowed to take the free peanuts with you.
- Shaq owns 155 Five Guys locations.
- The first international Five Guys location opened in London in 2013.
- There’s an estimated 250,000 ways to customize your order.
- There are no timers allowed in Five Guys kitchens.
Estep & Company’s Five Guys Locations
Interested in Working at Five Guys?
As a member of the Five Guys crew, you’re part of the family. We believe in empowering our employees personally and professionally. We want our employees to feel pride and ownership in this, their company. It doesn’t hurt to have some fun along the way either, right?
BECOME A FIVE GUYS
CREW MEMBER TODAY